Healthy High Protein Alfredo Sauce (Gluten Free)
I absolutely LOVE Alfredo sauce, but the real deal is loaded with a ton of saturated fat and calories. YIKES. I have altered the recipe for this creamy goodness while cutting calories and giving it a punch of protein!
I swear it’s better than the real stuff.
Healthy High Protein Alfredo Sauce
- olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
-1 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp reduced fat low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp grated romano
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet and cook garlic until golden
2. Puree cottage cheese and chicken broth in food processor until creamy
3. Transfer the puree into a bowl and mix in Romano and garlic
4. Add salt and pepper to taste